Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds
Wednesday 31 March 2021
Tickets from: £57.50
ABOUT JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham on Wednesday 31 March 2021
In 2006 TWOTW was already considered a cutting-edge production with six trucks filled to the brim. But in 2021, which marks a momentous 15 years of live touring, the production be up to 12 trucks, and with it, a host of ingredients and special effects that will challenge and excite the senses. A stellar cast will also be announced in the next few weeks.
• Liam Neeson in 3D holography as George Herbert, The Journalist
• The iconic 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing real flame Heat Rays at
• The 9-piece Black Smoke Band and ULLAdubULLA symphonic string orchestra.
• Leaf drops over the audience
• Mixed live in Surround Sound.
UPDATED FOR 2021:
• The giant arched bridge now running from the lip of the stage out over the audience to
the front of house desk
• Three panoramic screens with 2 hours of cutting-edge CGI and other content
• The incineration of a cast member in full view of the audience.
NEW FOR 2021:
• Lighting, pyrotechnics… and other-worldly special effects
• Ground-breaking levitation effect
• The release of deadly Black Smoke from the Martian Fighting Machine.
plus ‘The War of The Worlds’ author, HG Wells - appearing in sight and sound.
…and much, much more!
Jeff Wayne said: "For over four decades now I’ve lived out a dream of bringing the true story of HG Wells dark Victorian tale to listeners and audiences from around the world, while pushing technology to the limit both sonically and visually as time has moved on. In 2019 we launched The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience in Central London, combining, immersive theatre, virtual and, augmented realities, holograms and other cuttingedge technology; giving audiences the chance to live through the Martian invasion of 1898. Now our newest arena production combines these elements within the live performance medium, for an even more unique, emotional and at times, scary experience.”
Price B Seats: £57.50
Price A Seats: £82.70
Director's Bar Experience - £144.00 per person
Enjoy your drinks away from the crowds in our Directors Bar which is exclusive to customers on this package, before enjoying fantastic views of the event in seats close to the stage.
Your package includes:
Seats in Blocks 15 of the arena
Three drinks per person
Access to the Directors Bar from the opening of doors until 9:30pm
Price includes a set hospitality administration fee of £5.00 and no additional postage fees
Spotlight Experience - £164.00 per person
Enjoy the opportunity to dine in our Spotlight Bar & Restaurant before making your way to your personally selected seats in a prime location of the main arena bowl.
Your pre-show package includes:
Seats in Block B, C & E
Welcome drink on arrival to Spotlight Bar and Restaurant
Two course meal served on your own reserved table within the Spotlight Bar & Restaurant
Waiting service whilst within the Spotlight Bar & Restaurant
To find out more about our hospitality packages please contact a member of our hospitality team on 0115 853 3008, email us or book online.
- We’re operating bag and search policies. Please do not bring bags to events if possible. If you need to bring a bag, no rucksacks or bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm will be permitted. Lockers will not be available for use. All customers will be subject to a search outside the venue via wand before entering.
- Maximum 6 tickets per person.
- The time shown is the door time, not the start time. Event times will be posted closer to the date.
If you require a BSL interpreter for this show please request this at the Box Office when booking tickets, allowing 4 weeks’ notice prior to the event. You can book tickets in person at our Box Office or via 0808 164 4616.